Thursday, May 30, 2013

Stepping Off The Ledge

I'm not going to lie. I'm having a hard time with today's writing prompt"

React to this term: Letting Go.

Maybe it's more of how to start it. Starting things is hard because it has to grab the reader and it needs to be creative and such. I'm all out of creativity at the moment, friends.

If you want a good intro to letting go, read my blog post from earlier this week. Because ultimately, letting go is stepping off the ledge and trusting because you have no other choice. 



It doesn't matter what you're letting go of.

A job

A relationship

A friendship

A situation

An idea

A dream

An ideal

An item

A habit

A hurt

Whatever.

When you finally let go of it, whatever it is, it means you're trusting God (or someone, or something, etc.) with whatever "it" is. Knowing that it's not in your control or there is something better or you're better without it.

Letting go isn't easy - but it's necessary.

I don't know what you need to  let go of, and you all don't know what I need to let go of. But let's step off the ledge now, shall we?

And here's an accapella version of the song from the post I keep linking you to. If you can't see the video, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUKis-BLNY

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. This one really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hear ya on the creativity thing. This challenge has left me with days where I am just like, "words? what are words?"

    But you mustered it up and did good! Because letting go really is as simple as that, so what more really needs to be said?

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.