Monday, April 11, 2011

An Evil Garden and Beautiful Sunrises

Oh the wonders of technology and being able to schedule blog posts for when I'm out of town. Yup, I haven't been around for the last three days because I was spending it with 50+ seventh and eighth graders! Needless to say . . . I'm completely exhausted. But we had a blast! What's so great about these retreats is you get to see some of the youth at their best and how much God can do in only a few days. Here are some highlights of the weekend:




The sunrise on Sunday morning was breathtaking

So overall - as tired as I am, it was a good weekend as you can tell! 

And today's 30 Day Challenge:

Day 11- A Book You Hated

The one book I can remember hating was called The Garden. Well... at least I think that's what it was called. I don't even remember the author.

I picked it up at Borders once when I was in high school. It was a novel about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden - thought it would be interesting.

Normally I try not to get too upset when someone disagrees with me in faith issues. Getting angry doesn't do much good in those situations. This book was the exception. They made God appear to be some sort of smart guy with no common sense and completely insensitive to Adam and Eve - as though he didn't know what they were thinking and feeling. I mean - he essentially forced Adam to sleep with Eve so he could make sure that reproducing worked. 

God would never do that. And it broke my heart - and made me really upset that someone would write that in a novel.

Worst book I've ever read.

OK... rant over. Here's another picture of the beautiful sunrise that our AMAZING LOVING PAPA GOD gave us Sunday morning to make me feel better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.