Monday, April 18, 2011

Love and Dissapointment

Hey guys!  The Love Drop team is at it again!  Last month they gave over $5,000 worth of cash and goods to their recipient, Katie, who had been battling a couple of brain tumors over the years, and it culminated with a surprise gift of 15+ friends showing up at her house to celebrate with her. It was awesome. You can watch how it all went down here.
This month they start all over again and grow support for the Kahlen's - a family who has been hit hard by the economy, and by their daughter's serious medical condition, tuberous sclerosis. In addition to financial assistance, they're planning to unite the artistic community to help support Kent's glassmaking work. 


This month with Love Drop it's been so much fun! This family is truly touching my heart, because I remember as a kid how often I was in and out of hospitals and doctors offices. It can be so hard not just on the kid (Brenna) but the rest of the family as well. It's been so fun in the forum this month getting things together for this family. You can join us! I can't imagine a better way of celebrating the love of God this Holy Week than this!

Check out this video about the family: 


Want to help?  Here are two ways you can participate:
  1. Give $1.00 - This is the best way to help out and join their team at the same time.
  2. Donate a piece of art - They will be hosting an auction this month, and would love to feature your artwork in it. Proceeds go to help the Kahlen's this month, and is a great way to promote your work :)
We'll let you know how it goes!  Thanks everyone.

Now onto my 30 Day Challenge.

Day 18- A Book That Disappointed You

It makes me sad to say this...

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. 


I feel bad for saying this book disappointed me, because it was my WONDERFUL aunt who recommended it  to me. She's also the one who introduced me to Harry Potter (I am FOREVER thankful to her for that, and it's another story for another blog post) as well as the InkHeart trilogy. Usually she has phenomenal taste in books and love the stories she gives me to read.

But this one... I don't know why I didn't like it as much as I feel I should have. I just couldn't get into it. Not that it was a bad book - I just couldn't get into it. So... maybe it's more disappointment in myself and not the book. I'm not sure. But... there you have it. I'm sorry. 

2 comments:

  1. thank you or posting about the Love Drop team and their mission this month :) I need to get on that too. And thanks for the warning about the book!

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.