Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Fridays Letters

Photobucket

Dear Jesus, help me to focus on you this weekend. It's going to be a crazy next few days, so I'll easily be distracted. Remind me that it's all for you and what you've done.

Dear Natalie, I'm going to see you in about 5 hours!!!!!!!! I know we'll be running around town and church doing preparations for Easter, but it'll be fun. 

Dear Kelli, I can't wait for our brunch date this morning. Thank you for indulging my random craving for breakfast.

Dear Blog, Ever since the announcement for the closing of Google Reader I feel like we've had to start from scratch. I was so proud of that little number of followers that was growing (even if it was kind of slow). But now, I look at how much smaller my number is on Bloglovin. I know it's not about the number of followers, and it's highly likely that a majority of my GFC followers didn't actually read this blog. However, I still feel like we have to start from scratch to build a readership. It's discouraging. I know it can be good because a new start can be exciting, but I can't help but feel down about it. 

Dear Smash (cc: Justin Timberlake), Thank you for your awesome music that I play over and over again in my car.

Dear New TV, It's really nice to have actual TV now and not just catching up on shows online. Yes, I only have about 10 channels... but that's 10 more than I had before.

Dear Leah, Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you last night. I can't wait to hear about how it went. :)

Dear JR, Thanks for inviting me to Passover every year. I was finally able to make it and I'm so glad!

Dear Me, Can you get your act together now? That would be nice.

Thought I would do some Friday's Letters along with The Sweet Season this morning. With it being Good Friday, I feel like I should have some inspirational post about Jesus and everything he's done. But I can't. I don't know why. It's not that I haven't been thinking about such things. I loved our Maundy Thursday service last night, and I'll love tonight's service as well (even though it scares me). But for some reason... I got nothing to write about. 

Which is okay. 

God is bigger than my inspiration and my feelings. The fact that I have nothing to say about it at the moment doesn't change who he is and what he's done. 

It's going to be a fun weekend though. My sister is coming in on the train today, tomorrow I'll set up for the Easter breakfast, and Sunday is the big day. I"ll be working the breakfast with the youth, but I also joined the church choir for the one day to sing the Hallelujah chorus. It's nice to be singing in a choir again. Then after church my sister and I will take Bandit and drive back up to Chicago because Monday we're shopping for her wedding dress! I might be able to see some old friends Monday evening as well. 

(I'm hoping a fun blog post will come out of shopping!)

What are your plans for Easter weekend?

Last Year's Easter Breakfast Set-Up
And speaking of starting over with the blog... won't you follow me on these sites?

Bloglovin/Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest

1 comment:

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.