Thursday, March 14, 2013

You're Not Pretty- You're Just Going to Have to Deal With That

"You're wearing make up to Disney World?"

My former college roommate and friend popped her head through the door and stared at me. I sat on the floor of the living room, mini mirror in one hand and make up brush in the other. I was slightly embarrassed.

"If only my college self could see me now!" I joked. "She wouldn't know who I am!"

It was true. Only a few short years ago when I was an undergrad, I used to have my friends do my hair and make up for me because I didn't know how. My hair rarely had been touched by a straightener and  I would rather have it freeze when I walked outside in the middle of winter because I didn't bother with a hair dryer after I showered.

Want to continue reading this post? I'm guest blogging on Rewriting Life today! Click this link: http://kaleighsomers.com/2013/03/14/youre-not-pretty-youre-going-to-have-to-deal-with-that/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.