Tuesday, July 30, 2013

August To Be Read Pile

Another month... another to-be-read pile! Well... in a few days I'll be a new month. July 30 is close enough, right?

I didn't do too shabby in July with my reading goals.

Books I (finally) completed this month:

- Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
- Blood Bound by Patrica Briggs
- Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres (really short audio book, got it done in one road trip!)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

If you remember my July goals, I had intended to only read four books and I ended up reading five. So not bad! (Although Blood Bound technically I started in June...)



However, I still haven't read Ruby Red by Kirstin Gier or Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer. You win some, you lose some, am I right?

That just means they are being added to my August goals!

I'll start off with Struck by Lightning, and actually by the time you read this I'll have already started it. Right now I am in Alabama, and while traveling I only use books on my iPad because it is just so much easier. Since SBL is on my iPad, it will be my companion on the super long road trip. However, I feel like Chris Colfer would be an awesome road trip buddy, so I'm not complaining. ;)


Does anyone else find it amusing that the broken pencil/lighting bolt looks like the one from Harry Potter? I think it's awesome.

If I finish SBL before my trip is over, I'll move onto other books on my iPad. Probably Persuasion by Jane Austen for my Favorite Books Project or Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare to continue the Infernal Devices trilogy. (Clockwork Angel was SO GOOD!) We'll see if I have time for those though.




When I get back from Alabama, I'll get back to reading "normal" books, starting with Love Does by Bob Goff.

I've been itching to get my hands on this book for several months now, and later in August I'm hearing Bob Goff speak at a leadership simulcast. I feel as though it is good motivation to finally read the book. I'm really excited! Now I just need to get a copy. Haha.


Then, I'm hoping I can FINALLY read Ruby Red. Hopefully once all of my traveling is done, I'll have some time to do that.

Any other suggestions from my Favorite Books list or my Goodreads list that you think I should read in August?


3 comments:

  1. I'm having a tough time finishing Miss Peregrine's...the first 3/4 totally had me. Mansfield Park is my 2nd favorite Jane Austen, I love White Oleander....and I Just finished reading Rob Bell's What We Talk About When We Talk About God which I really enjoyed. Safe travels home from AL and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a good book with you for your trip. As we were talking about, I just started The Host. It's long, but good!

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.