Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Life is a Movie Montage

Some of you may have noticed I was a bit... ranty on Twitter yesterday.

I was in a weird mood yesterday. It started out frustrating with the weather and went downhill from there. I was frustrated with people, I was turned down for two jobs in one hour, and I got far too upset about something on Facebook. Which  - let's be honest - Facebook is the most ridiculous thing to get upset over. Clearly, I was in a weird mood. Thankfully, I have some awesome friends who could see something was up and helped me feel better.

For all of my talk about wanting to be a renissance woman and how I'm a Disney character and "Let it Go" describes my life, if you were to really look at my life it looks like none of those things.

I lamented at one point that changing your life isn't as easy as the movies make it appear.

Then, one of my friends, Katherine, told me this: "You're in the montage part. This means you need to put on some over the top cheesy music and look frustrated a lot."

Then again at girls night last night, the idea of my being in a montage came up.

And they're right. I realize life isn't like movies at all, but let's think hypothetically for a moment and pretend it is. If my life is a movie, then I am in the montage part. I'm in the middle and still going through all of the bad stuff. The difference is that movies can create a montage to help the audience fast forward through everything that is boring, frustrating, and what no one wants to watch for long periods of time. In real life, this part can take weeks, months, maybe even years.

Here is an awesome clip from the movie Team America which describes it perfectly. (Although I've never actually seen the whole movie...)


I'm still in the middle of my movie. The time where nothing goes well. I fail over and over again. Heck, I'm probably still in the begining of the middle of the movie. I have a long way to go from here. I don't know how it's going to end, where I'll be, and who will be by my side. 

In one of my favorite movies, Love Actually, the kid has the same problem.


While I'm talking about life in general and not just romance, it's the same thought. Things only come together at the end. 

The other difference between life and movies, is that the end of this story is the begining of another. Then the whole thing repeats for the rest of our lives. So even when we do see the end, there's still even more to go through and experience. 

Granted- this is a very overly simplified way to explain life. However, it's comforting to know that more is still to come. I won't be in the montage forever. 

Now I just need to pick out my overly cheesy song to go along with it. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the hardest part about a journey is the middle. I sometimes hate the middle. It's just nice to have everything all wrapped up at the end. Usually it's a good one, but at least it's over and finished with. Good luck getting out of your montage state!

    Oh and don't bother with Team America. It is stupid and disturbing, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. The middle is excruciating! And I really don't have any desire to see Team America, but when I saw they had a montage song... I had to share it! lol

      Delete
  2. I agree that the transition (or montage) stage is the most frustrating...change is hard. Which is why I still say you are super brave for taking this huge step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*

    I'm sorry things have been so frustrating. But I love the idea of looking at it like the montage part of your movie.

    I love the way you look at things and how enthusiastic you are about everything you love- it's one of the reasons I started reading your blog in the first place. Hang in there, and good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ::hugs back:: Thanks Katie! And it is frustrating. You can only be rejected so many times, you know? But I am trying to stay positive. The end of the movie isn' there yet! And I'm so glad you're a reader. You're fantastic!

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.