Friday, February 7, 2014

Oh, Hi There Friday!

When I woke up this morning (about a 1/2 hour ago), I wasn't very happy. My throat was sore, my nose was stuffy, and I was tired because I had woken up in the middle of the night (AGAIN) and only got back to sleep an hour before my alarm went off.

However, I remembered that it was Friday. Mainly because I got a SnapChat from a friend who was announcing this fact. Which means I can sleep in tomorrow!

Then, as I lay in my bed, not wanting to leave the warmth of it's blankets, I grabbed my iPad and broswed my social media and checked email. Which obviously is the most important thing to do first thing in the morning.

I noticed "Wow... I have so many new followers on Twitter! And look at that, on Bloglovin too... wait a minute. It's Bonnie's giveaway today!"

Natrually, this realization made me leap up and do a dance. Figuratively. Real dancing can't happen until I've had my coffee.

This month I am sponsoring the fantastic Bonnie Larson ove at The Life of Bon and today, along with her other sponsors, we are giving away $170! Yup, $170 any way you choose. None of that get a gift card to some store that you've never heard of. You can pick how you recieve your $170. Details are on her site and you should go check it out by clicking this link: http://www.thelifeofbon.com/2014/02/im-gonna-steal-some-souls-and-give-away.html

With this in mind, I'll probably be getting some new traffic around here today and I thought it would be a great time to do a general introductory post so all of my new friends can know who the heck I am.

So... hi! I'm Emily.


This picture is a couple of years old... but I don't care. I love it! I'm basically another 20-something to join the ranks of people who decided to completely change their life, quit their job as a youth minister, and move back home. OK... the moving back home was more of a necessity than a choice. However, I fully plan on saving up to get my own place again and spending time with my parents hasn't been that bad. I'm still trying to figure out life and this whole "being a grown up" thing. Which is probably why my last two jobs have had to do with kids.

I'm a huge nerd. I love books, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, theatre (especially musicals!), movies, writing (working on a novel currently) and most recently, Frozen. I tend to talk about all of these things A LOT.

I have the best sidekick ever named Bandit. He's a rescue dog I adopted about four years ago and he's completely awesome. I tend to talk about him a lot too. But just look at this face. How could I not?


Coffee is how I get through the day. I am addicted to Starbucks and wherever I live it is always my goal to know all of the baristas by name and for them to know me. No joke- when I was living in Missouri I even met one of their moms and he was super excited about it. We have a special friendship, my baristas and me.


I am completely a city girl. I tried living in small town Missouri for awhile, but it didn't work. Now I'm back in Chicago and LOVING IT! (Other than the ridiculous winter we're having.) A couple years ago I went to NYC and fell totally in love with it. So, if any of you live in NYC and know someone who is hiring... call me.


If you can't tell by this photo- I'm short. Like... REALLY SHORT. Basically, I'm short and breakable and you can read all about it in this blog post: http://www.lovewokemeupthismorning.com/2011/06/i-break.html

OK... that's enough about me. If you want to know more, go over to either my About Me Page, or if you want to get an idea of what I tend to blog about, check out the Get Caught Up Page. If you want to guest blog, sponsor, have comments or questions, or just want to say hi, check out the Contact Me Page.

You can also find me on Twitter, GoodReads, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.

Now, tell me about you! If you are new, or you haven't commented before, or you just feel like it even though we know each other, in the comments tell me who you are, how you are following this blog, the one thing that makes you kermit flail with excitement every time, and if you have a blog leave the link so I can check it out! One of the best things I've learned about blogging is that sometimes Internet friends are the best friends. So, I would LOVE to get to know you!

And in case you aren't sure what a kermit flail is...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Emily! I'm starting to know my baristas at the closest Starbucks...I guess when I come in often and order the same drink and sit at the same spot to reply to e-mails that they remember me. :) Thanks for your encouragement this week with writing; it's nice to have gotten over that block and I feel rejuvenated to continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say that music is my "Kermit flail", hehe. When I hear a song that is just AWESOME I totally flip. I'm big into Bastille's "Pompeii" right now. Also, the fact that you mentioned Kermit flails is so proof of why we are best friends, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you're back in the city, we must hang out. And I can totally sympathize with the living with your parents out of necessity thing. I recently moved back in with my mom to save money too.

    -Niki Wrzesinski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We absolutely have to! SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON! Are you still at Immanuel? I've been to Sanctuary the last couple of weeks and haven't seen you there. :(

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.