Monday, August 12, 2013

Sigh... Monday

Oh Monday morning, we meet again.

Even though I'm heading up to Chicago tomorrow for a quick vacation, in a way today is my "Friday," I still have the daunting feeling of "UGH... it's Monday." My latest VEDA (Vlog Every Day August) is loading because YouTube takes forever, my to-do list keeps getting longer, my coffee hasn't kicked in, and I've been running late because I hit my snooze button about three times this morning.

It's Monday.



I just can't believe how quickly the weekend went. With rehearsals for Joseph on Saturday mornings, I feel like it cuts my weekend in half. Not that I don't enjoy rehearsal, it's just a change of pace. We had Saturday rehearsals for Romeo and Juliet as well, but we spent them outside because it was an outdoor theatre so I felt like I was relaxing in the sun. For Joseph... I'm dancing and learning music constantly so it's not quite as relaxing. Fun, but not as relaxing as a typical Saturday morning would be.

Then with VEDA I feel all I do right now is YouTube. Filiming, editing, uploading, watching commenting, replying to comments, and repeat.

Again, it's fun. I've been loving VEDA and I feel much more connected to the community this year than I did last year. Everyone's videos have been a blast and I love getting to know them.

But it's exhausting too.

And school is starting up again this week, which means my "normal" youth schedule is getting ready to be up and going. Classes to teach, games to plan, devotions to write, schedules to coordinate, etc.

Another fun thing, but also exhausting.

I guess what I'm getting at is my quick vacation this week will be welcome. I know I've traveled a lot this summer, but it's all been for work. I'm excited to see my family and friends for a few days.

(And fyi- if you're in the Chicago area and want to meet up, let me know! If we haven't seen each other in awhile I'd love to catch up, and if we haven't met yet - why haven't we? Let's get on that.)

This isn't much of a blog post I suppose, but I miss just sitting down at the computer and writing what's on my mind, and that's what's on my mind.

Tomorrow will be a blog post for realsies, I promise.

In the mean time, you can watch my YouTube videos. 

Mingle 240

1 comment:

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.