Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's Gonna Be A Long Week...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm slightly tired and stressed.

As in- I'm so freaking exhausted and I don't want to do anything and when I think about the upcoming week I want to run and hide.

It's 3:40pm on Monday, the first day of Vacation Bible School and tech week for Romeo and Juliet. While VBS went very well this morning, it was exhausting.

Especially when we suddenly got crazy thunder storms at 11am and they have been on and off all afternoon and will continue tonight and roads have been closed because of flooding.

Yeah... when you have 100+ kids in your church that's a good time.

It's also not helpful when you have outdoor play rehearsal. (Thus, it got cancelled.)



As I sit here at my desk  I don't want to do a single thing other than take a nice long nap. Yet, I know I can't. There are things to prepare for, meetings to attend, emails and text messages to answer, and lines to keep memorizing.

The memorizing lines is probably the thing that's stressing me out the most. While I'm not doing bad at all, I'm also not where I normally at when it comes to knowing my part at this point in the game. I know it'll get done by the time the show comes around, but in the meantime I'm nervous. Having cancelled practice doesn't help. Although I completely understand why it was cancelled - I don't want to rehearse outside in the middle of a thunderstorm.

I know everything will be fun and worth it in the end. The show will be wonderful. VBS will be fun and the kids will learn.

It's going to be a great week.

But here on Monday afternoon - I just want to take a nap.

Hopefully, by the time you are reading this (Tuesday morning), I'll be a bit more rested and the day will be a good one.
I guess it's a good thing our VBS theme is about staying strong. Even when we're tired, scared, stressed, sad, angry, - whatever- God helps us to stay strong and keep going.

Also- there's still time to be a guest blogger for me! Email me for more info at lovewokemeupthismorning [at] gmail [dot] com.

4 comments:

  1. So did LOVE wake you up on this fine Tuesday morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Well - SOMETHING did because I was able to get through the morning!

      Delete
  2. Why is it that the most overwhelming days always seem to fall on a Monday?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIGHT? And oh my goodness it's only gotten worse. I'm not as overwhelmed anymore, but I'm SO SO SO TIRED. I could barely open my eyes this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.