Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trees- Guest Post


Emmy's Note: Today's guest post is from my friend, Ginny! We went to college together and last year she worked at a church in my area so we got to hang out A LOT. Right now she is working at a camp up north (and actually is looking for another job, so if any of you have suggestions for her let me know and I'll pass the word on!). I was really excited when I got her email yesterday with this post because it's cool to see my real life friends getting into the blog, and it shows that you don't have to have your own blog to contribute. If you would like to contact her let me know and I can share with you her email. 

Also, a special shout out to Lozz. She is my 100th follower! So go check out her blog. :)

Source
My unusual inspiration is trees. For anyone who knows me would probably say that’s not unusual at all, but hear me out. It is true that I very much enjoy being in the woods, but the peace I get from hiking through a bunch of trees is not the unusual part.
Trees are pretty amazing. They can create they’re own food, their roots dig dip, they get to hibernate in the winter, and produce lots of seeds so there can be more trees! Besides all that they give us shade, fruits, tree houses…this list could really go on for ever and it’s not really the point.


The point is that I have learned a lot from these plants. The deeper your roots (whether in God, family, or friends) the better you will stand up to the storms that come your way. You plant seeds all over the place, whether you know it or not, but you may not always get to see it grow. Trees provide shelter and food for animals and people.

So next time you're out enjoying nature, try to think of something you can learn from the experience and always have fun!

8 comments:

  1. This was really inspiring to me. I enjoy nature, but have never really thought that deep about it like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it too! I never thought about it the way Ginny described before either.

      Delete
  2. That's a really interesting thought about planting seeds but not always getting to see how things turn out. That can be difficult, but doesn't mean it's not worth it.

    Also - thanks for the mention, and the lovely email! It was very sweet, and I'm looking forward to reading your blog more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it hard to be patient like that? I know that I am not a patient person, so sometimes waiting to see the end result - or not seeing it at all is hard for me to do. But you're right - it's worth it in the end! :D And you're welcome for the mention. I felt like the 100th follower should have something special. ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people choose trees because they produce foliage or flowers of a particularly pleasing color, either during the springtime when everything is in bloom or each autumn, Click now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trees are the longest lived and largest plant form on Earth and throughout recorded history trees have been acknowledged as symbols of power, wisdom, fertility and life. Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Container gardening is good for planting your favorite flowers and vegetables when space is limited! Use large containers such as steel buckets and wooden barrels for creative container gardening. Light deprivation greenhouse

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.