Thursday, June 23, 2011

I NEED A HERO!

Day 9: Your Favorite Male Character

This one should be pretty obvious.




Harry - of course!


It's another moment when I feel as though I should be more creative and pick someone that you know - isn't the title of every single book. But I can't help it. Harry is amazing. I have often said that if I ever get married - Harry will always be the "other" man in my life.

Yeah, he's super angsty...

Has a severe case of martyr's syndrome...

Needs to wake up when it comes to girls - and a lot of other things too...


Is a jock...

And really annoying at times...

But the thing is, I get him.Or at least I feel like I do. During Order of the Pheonix when everyone was complaining about how moody and irritable Harry was... I understood. No, he shouldn't have randomly gotten mad at his friends at times, but I understood why.

When he does something stupid - I get it, and sometimes laugh or admit that I would have done the same thing.

Here is this kid- who is basically a nobody and gets bullied around his whole life, then finds out he's a wizard. You'd think it was super cool- but his life is still pretty terrible. You know, the whole having to defeat Voldemort, his parents dying, and half of his friends dying stuff. But he still turns out to be a great guy.

Harry is wonderfully sarcastic. You see this right from the start, and I love it. Granted- I also am fluent in sarcasm.

He has a thing for breaking the rules. While he claims that trouble finds him - which it does - he still seeks it out too. Who doesn't like a bad boy?

Harry is humble, yet incredibly cocky at the same time. When his friends try to encourage him, Harry doesn't believe them. He knows that so much of what he does isn't actually him - it's Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, the Weasleys, etc. They are the ones who pull him through- and it's not from him. But at the same time, he totally knows that's he's awesome. I have to agree with Snape- I'm pretty sure Harry struts around Hogwarts like he owns the place. Because in a way- he kind of does.

Harry has no clue what he's doing. He has to just figure it out as he goes. And who isn't like that? None of us really know what we're doing in life, but we learn to figure it out along the way.

Harry puts the people he cares about first. He's always looking out for his friends, and even the Dursley's in Deathly Hallows. He wants to do what is best for them and never wants to put them in danger. He knows what is right, and stands up for people. Harry understands love - which is what the series is essentially about.

Harry feels things deeply. (Remember the whole angst thing?) I love that. Yeah, the angst gets annoying. But it just is part of being a teenager (which, that's what he is a majority of the series...), and also it shows how much he really cares about people and how seriously he takes everything that is happening around him.

At the end of Deathly Hallows you know that he is a good dad and husband. What isn't there to love about that?

Harry is the everyday hero. OK, maybe not quite everyday. Not all of us defeat Dark Lords. But, Harry really is just your average, everyday guy. He has a million faults, doesn't do all that great in school (mainly because he slacks off), gets into trouble everywhere he turns, and essentially starts out as a nothing. But then he does great things. He's talented, but has no clue that he is. He's that guy who we can look at say "Hey, he's kind of like me. If Harry can do it, maybe I can too."

So all in all - Harry Potter is my hero. 


And this afternoon I found this video. LOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.