Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Friendship, Friendship, Just A Perfect Blendship...

I want to give a shout out to friends today. It hasn't been much fun for me the last couple of weeks - but at the same time it's been awesome. I was able to go to two weddings a couple weekends ago up in Chicago. One wedding was for a friend I've known for literally my entire life and I was one of her bridesmaids. It was such a beautiful day! Then the day after that a former college roommate of mine got married, and there were so many old friends from college that night. We had so much fun! The entire weekend was filled with dancing, reunions, love, and enjoying time together. 

Then the drive home happened. 

UGH. 
My poor little PT Cruiser!


I was an hour away from home, late at night, and I hit something. I have no idea what I hit. As of today I'm thinking it was something that fell off of a truck because there isn't any blood on my car. (Which  makes me feel better considering I hate the thought of hurting an animal.) However, my car has been at the car dealership and now the body shop (the car frame is IN the radiator. Yeah, it's crazy!), and waiting for the insurance company to appraise it. I've learned that I hate not having a car.

But that's where friends come in once again. First, the pastor at my church was able to help me out the night of the accident by hooking me up with a tow company - and the tow truck guy happened to have the same name of another friend who, just ten minutes before the guy showed up, texted me saying that he was praying for me. So cool! 

Then all this week, and last week I've had so many people helping me out with my car situation. One friend has been able to drive me around all week, and we had coffee this morning. (Is there any better way to start the day than to have coffee with a friend? I think not.) Other friends have been reminding me that if I need anything they are willing to help out. My co-workers have been giving me rides to and from work, home, and the car dealership, as well as giving me advice on how to handle insurance and everything. 

My family has been super understanding about the whole situation, and as much as it's been stressing all of us out (not knowing how much repairs will be, if the car will be totaled or not, or if it isn't totaled if we should trade it in anyways, etc.) they have been really supportive.

Then there are my other friends who have been tolerant of my phone dropping calls every two seconds and keeping me entertained every night on the phone by listening to my car woes and telling me stories about their lives. My Twitter friends have also been listening to my car woes and getting angry at the insurance company for me - which makes me feel really validated. 

One of my friends reminded me of how Jesus will always provide.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:25-34


I'm really bad at not worrying - I tend to worry a lot. But I have family and friends who surround me and remind me all of the time that I shouldn't worry and don't need to. Just cross each bridge as you come to it, and God will provide.


So all in all - if you have great family and friends, not having a car for two weeks really isn't that bad.  I really am blessed and being reminded constantly that God will provide

And it's perfect that I've been so grateful for friends lately - because that's what today's Harry Potter Challenge is today!


Day 15: Who Would Be Your Best Friends at Hogwarts? (Only three)

Only three? Really?

Sigh.

Fine.

Naturally I really want to say that the power trio would be my best friends - but I know that's probably not true. I would probably be that girl who knows them and is kinda friends with them, but stands off to the side wishing I was in their inner circle.

I would probably hang out the most with the three people who are on the outskirts of their circle, but are still their friends. Ginny, Neville, and Luna. 

I love these three! They are a bit on the outskirts,but amazing. I love hanging out with people like that because they are different in each of their own ways - and in really unexpected ways too! And they are completely loyal and true friends. I think if we were friends in real life - they would totally be helping me out with my car situation.

fanpop.com - aren't they so awesome?
Ginny - you know that I am most like her. She and I would probably get a long really well and I would love to hang out with her.

Neville- is just awesome. He's a geek, clumsy, and forgetful. He doesn't seem to do anything right. But he's amazing! As the series goes on, you see how amazing and brave he is. 

Luna- she's so super adorable. Again, a geek and really out there. But she's so cute! I love her randomness and how her head is up in the clouds all of the time. 

What about your friends? Do you have friends who are amazing and help you through the hard times? Give them a shout out - and tell me about who you would be friends with at Hogwarts!


Haha. Sorry for the shameless plug. :-P

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend's car has been in the shop for over a week and I've been taking the bus and he's been catching cabs. It's no fun when you're inconvenienced like that, but at least you have awesome friends to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car situation sounds like kind of a nightmare! Hopefully it gets sorted soon :)

    I'd be happy to be friends with pretty much anyone at Hogwarts, except for Lavender, Malfoy (and by extension Crabbe and Goyle), and Zacharias whatshisname, the pretentious Hufflepuff guy...

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.