Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Currently..

As much as I love to travel and visit friends, I have to say that it is wonderful to sleep in my own bed, lay on my own couch, and stand in my own shower. 

Orlando was wonderful! However, I have not uploaded or edited all of my photos yet, and I want to write a blog post about my trip with photos. I did post a couple on Facebook and Instagram and such, however, since my phone has terrible battery life I learned early on in the trip to take all of my pictures with my actual camera. So, hopefully this week you'll get an update on my travels.

In the meantime, I don't want to leave all of you without anything to read! (Because I know all of your are anxiously waiting by your computers every moment of every day waiting for me to post again. Haha.) A couple of the blogs I follow have been doing some "currently" type of posts. So I'll jump on the bandwagon and do the same for now!

And here's a photo from my phone to tie you over for the time being:


We saw The Hulk at the Lego store in Downtown Disney!



Currently I'm...

Sipping... a Coke from Jimmy John's. While I'm pretty tight on money until I get paid in a few days, I felt lazy today and really didn't want to make the effort to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So I went to Jimmy John's instead.

Reading... a couple of books actually. Last night I finished Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. (SO CUTE! If you want a lighter, fun, young romance, book to read, this would be PERFECT.) Now I am working through Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice and I have checked out from the library Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.

Working... at my desk and slowly getting through my weekly "to-do" list that magically keeps getting longer. This week at work we have our youth group Super Bowl party to prepare for as well as a bake sale between church services.

Watching... so many things! I've noticed that lately I've been addicted to YouTube. Particularly The Lizzie Bennett Diaries and the spin off with Lydia Bennett's videos. SO GOOD. Last night I watched The Paperboy, which I only got from Netflix because Zac Efron was in it. (Stop judging.) While the cast was fantastic and it was really well done, it was also really intense and gross at parts. I probably won't be watching it again anytime soon.

Listening... to the sound of my fingers typing on my computer keyboard. Ha! 

Experimenting... with a brand new youth calendar. It's kinda scary, but hopefully it'll be good. 

Trying ...to stay focused. It's really hard when you just spent the last few days playing in Florida.

Excited About ... catching up on last night's How I Met Your Mother.

Cherishing... my friends. I keep learning over and over again how really good, true, friends who will love you and stick by you no matter what are rare, and you need to hold onto them.

Thankful ... that the wind and rain today haven't blown me away yet!

Doing... writing a blog post?

Loving... the candy I bought at Honeydukes in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Thinking... about dreams and wishes, and how important it is to dream big things. Thanks for that Disney World.

Planning... a Sunday School series on The Hunger Games for February.It's going to be AMAZING!

So, what's your "currently?"
LIFE OF MEG

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading my first post on http://www.lovewokemeupthismorning.com and I must say - I like it :)

    You will have to post about your hunger games sunday school series as I really liked that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'm so glad you like it! I don't always post the exact things I do with the youth, but I will on occasion. So maybe I'll throw out there a thing or two about my Sunday School series. ;) In the meantime, I did write a post about the story when the movie came out to help ease some of the fears of the parents I work with. http://www.lovewokemeupthismorning.com/2012/03/hunger-games-from-youth-ministry.html

      Delete
  2. That lego hulk is awesome! So I'm currently thinking about that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? So awesome. I'll probably post some other Lego creations we saw later. It's kind of amazing.

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.