Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Green Brothers Make Funny Faces When The YouTube is Slow

I'm coming to the conclusion that YouTube hates me.

When I upload videos, it sometimes takes two or more hours to upload to the site.

Then when I try to watch videos, it is constantly stopping on me. No matter where I am, home, work, Starbucks, etc. it takes me at least fifteen minutes (if not more) to watch a three minute video.

COME ON YOUTUBE! I want to overdose on the VlogBrothers and Lizzie Bennett Diaries. My goodness. While at lunch today, I was trying to watch John Green's latest video but for at least five minutes it would freeze at various points making me stare at crazy screen shots like this:



I think this one is my favorite face, cause John just kinda looks confused.






All of these were taken from their newest video which you can find here. Not that I'm complaining about seeing the Green brothers for long periods of time on my iPad. Because they are seriously awesome. It's just... it took me about a 1/2 hour to watch a 3 minute video.

If you don't follow their YouTube chanel or know who they are - YOU NEED TO. And you'll love them. (John wrote The Fault in Our Stars as well as several other books, and Hank is the creator of The Lizzie Bennett Diaries, and they do VidCon, and like... everything else. If you've ever heard of "Nerdfighters"... that's these guys.) Which, by the way, is there anyone else who really wishes they were in NYC so they could see John and Hank (along with part of the LBD cast) at Carnegie Hall? I mean - AHHHH!

But that's besides the point. Does YouTube hate anyone else? Or is it just me?

Anyways. I was nominated for the Liebster Award again! (In all honesty, this is always a nice ego boost. I feel loved when this happens.) It's that one where you list 11 things about yourself, answer questions, and then nominate 11 other people. I always run out of things to say about myself as well as people to nominate. However, I'll answer the questions and give a shoutout to Amanda of MandaLoves who nominated me! Head on over to her blog and give her some love.

1) Do you prefer Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?

Starbucks! Although, I will say that I miss Dunkin Donuts. We don't have one here, and it was one of my family's Sunday traditions to get a dozen donuts after church. Their drinks are good too, but I prefer Starbucks.

2) Do you read on a Kindle, Nook, iPad, or prefer books?

YES! Haha. My absolute favorite are real books. There is nothing like them. HOWEVER, I do love my Kindle and Nook apps on my iPad. Especially checking out library books on it. It's so handy! I also love it for traveling because then I don't have to carry around big fat books in my suitcase.

3) What's your favorite kitchen appliance?

My Keurig that I got for Christmas. I use it at least once a day now. It's amazing! My other favorite would be my little crock pot  For someone like me who is the worst cook ever - it's quite handy. I can throw everything in it, and at the end of the day my apartment smells delicious and I barely have to do anything.

4) Favorite adult beverage?

Amaretto Stone Sour. YUM. It was my signature drink in college.

5) What's your fitness routine? Do you like it?

I used to do yoga every single day and one of my goals for 2013 is to get back to that. I love doing yoga because it's exercising, but also relaxing.

6) Why do you blog?

My motto is more, "Why not blog?" I've been writing and telling stories for as long as I can remember, and starting a blog just seemed to be a natural thing to do. Now I can't stop. I love it too much!

7) What's your favorite blog to read? Why?

UGH I hate these kinds of questions. I have so many blogs that I read, I can never choose just one! But my favorites are people who are just honest with life and their thoughts and ideas. You can tell they put thought into their posts, no matter what the style is. Whether they are funny, serious, spiritual, etc.

8) What's your favorite fashion accessory right now?

Probably scarves. I wear a scarf at least two or three times a week! It's such an easy way to add some extra pop to a boring outfit.

9) What's your favorite room in your house, why?

I guess my living room since I spend the most time in there. Now that I'm in an apartment on my own I've been able to really make the whole apartment, particularly the living room, reflect me and my taste.

10) What's your favorite food?

CHOCOLATE

11) What do you hope to Make Happen in 2013?

If you want the whole detailed list, check out my post about my 2013 goals here. In summary, I think finish/work on projects and live healthier all together. Not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. Healthier faith. Healthier relationships. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.