Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Currently: Blah

I feel like I'm in a blogging rut.

I have nothing to write about!

I do... kind of. Sometime I'll post pictures and/or a video of my weekend with a bunch of Jr. High kids that I just had. (And trust me... it was an adventure... as it always is when you're surrounded by 11-14 year olds...) 

But... I haven't had any insightful thoughts. The only thing lately I've been thinking about is "I'm tired. ALL THE TIME. Lets go take a nap." Or moving. Or NaNoWriMo. Or how I haven't had motivation for anything lately.

And let's face it... you can only blog about those things for so long before it gets old. 

So that's where I'm at right now. 

I'm sure eventually inspiration will hit again, and I'll be posting all about NaNoWriMo, and once my apartment is all put together you'll get a video or photos. But for now... I'm just blah.

In the meantime, I found a fun "currently" list of questions over on Angie's blog, Lariats and Lavender. So here you go! It's not an original post or anything and I hate doing posts that are solely link-ups and such, but at least this will give you a taste of what I'm thinking about and doing lately. 


Source
Current books: I'm in the middle of a million books right now. And when I say million I mean three. I'm slowly making my way through the Game of Thrones series and am on book 2. They are SO GOOD, but take a long time to read. The next one is Dream if You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg. I'm really enjoying this one. It's about a girl during WWII whose boyfriend is off at war. It's an interesting look at life on the "home front" and what it was like back then. Thanks to American Girl, I've always had a soft spot for this time period but I haven't read anything about in in a long time. So I'm really enjoying this book! The other book I'm working on is A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick. She is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE authors. An expert in the medieval time period and her books are based off of REAL people who lived back then and are INCREDIBLY historically accurate. This book is about William Marshal's father. SO GOOD.

Current music:
 My friend Laura had me listen to the soundtrack for The Book of Mormon on our road trip a few weeks ago. I can't stop listening to it!!!!

Current guilty pleasure: Vampire Diaries. Just... AMAZING. So many emotions. So much drama. Crazy. I can't wait for Thursday.


Current color: Nothing particular right now. Purple, maybe? Maroon? Orange? Green? Pink?


Current drink:
I've been drinking a glass of apple cider almost everyday lately. Hooray for fall!

Current food: I made THE BEST crock pot recipe a couple weeks ago!  Frozen chicken, salsa (or chopped tomatoes), cream cheese, and corn in the crock pot. Leave it in there on low for 6 hours (I did 4 hours on high) and put on top of rice. BAM! It was delicious and I didn't mess it up - if you can believe that.

Current favorite show:
 
Well... you already know about my Vampire Diaries love... but I recently started watching that new show Partners (it's on after How I Met Your Mother) and I can't get enough of it! The characters and plots really aren't the most unique things ever, but I love it! It stars David Krumholtz (I know him from 10 Things I Hate About You) and Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill) whom I LOVE. BUT the best part is Michael Urie (Ugly Betty) who plays Louis. OH MY GOODNESS I can't get enough of him! He's adorable and completely hilarious! And I just learned that he was in The Decoy Bride. I really need to watch that movie since it has him AND David Tennant. 

Source

Current wish list:
 Converter box for my TV... so I can actually watch it and more decorative stuff for my apartment so I can make it look pretty.


Current needs: Milk, hot chocolate, chicken. At least that's what's on my grocery list at the moment. 

Current triumphs: 
The Jr. High retreat this weekend was AMAZING. I'm so stinking proud of this group. They're amazing. I can't wait to see what God does with him. 


Current bane of my existence: 
The fact that I'm tired ALL OF THE TIME. Seriously, I feel like all I ever want to do 24/7 is sleep. I really don't need more sleep, and it's not like every single day is crazy and hectic. But then I get tired and lazy, and don't want to do anything so I don't have any motivation. It's really bad. 


Current celebrity crush: 
Haha, which one? ;) I guess the most current one that has popped up (again... since I've loved him in the past) would be Josh Dallas from Once Upon A Time. Best Prince Charming EVER.

Am I right, ladies? And, source.
 
Current indulgence: NUTELLA
 

Current blessing: We blew a tire on the way home from the Jr. High Retreat this weekend - and it turned out just fine! Everyone was safe, and while we had to wait about 2 hours on the side of the highway, the youth went along with it wonderfully. They even started a dance party and cheered whenever cars honked at them. What could have been a terrible situation that was really frustrating also was kind of a good bonding experience. 
 

Current slang: Um... none? 
 

Current outfit: Black boots, charcoal leggings, denim skirt, green top, pink jacket, butterfly watch necklace, owl earrings, heart ring. 

Current excitement: The G's are coming to visit next weekend!!!!!
 
Current mood: Tired and unmotivated. A bad combo for my first day back in the office after a trip.

Current link: Mingle Monday with Megnificent Life! (Like what I did there, Meg?)

LIFE OF MEG

10 comments:

  1. You could guest post "what to do when you have bloggers block" for me! Lol. I'll chat with you through email about it. Also, your outfit sounds super cute! You should post pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should! I've been sitting here today all like "Crap... I have to write a guest post, and I can't even think of stuff to write for my own blog! Haha." But we'll chat and figure something out. :)

      Delete
  2. Found you through Mingle Monday. I hate when I get stuck in a bloggin' rut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have been feeling this way lately. Maybe it's the weather?

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from Mingle Monday. I have been blah before as well. I have plenty of posts in ny head, I just can't seem to get them finished and published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And I have a few ideas for posts... but for the most part my mind is just blank. I think it's decided to go on vacation.

      Delete
  5. I make that same crockpot dish! Only I add black beans as well, serve with tortillas or Spanish rice. Crockpot cooking is the best- just throw stuff in there and go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best thing ever, right? I remember that you can put beans in it, but I'm not a fan of beans. If they are in the dish I'll eat them, but if I can avoid it I do.

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.