Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Your Yearly Fall Overdose

On top of having an awesome weekend if some of my old college friends, even more awesome stuff happened.

I got presents!!!!!

For the second year in a row, Meg from Megnificent Life, hosted a fall gift swap!

Basically, you enter the swap, leave ideas of things you want, get paired up with another blogger, and you exchange gifts! It's really fun.

This year, Meg added a link-up so all of us could share what we received in the mail.

Let me tell you - the girl I got paired up with (Lisa from Something Infinitely Interesting) is AMAZING! Getting this gift package from her has been the highlight of my week so far. There was just wonderful gift after wonderful gift. It was like Christmas!

Only... in October.

Christmas in October, anyone? You know - like Nightmare Before Christmas. Kinda.


Source
Here's a peek at what I got (prepare for some major girl moments. If this doesn't interest you, I won't be offended if you run off to do something else.):




Kitchen stuff! (Kitchen towel, 2 hot pads, oven mitt, and 2 hand towels for the bathroom.) These were absolutely PERFECT! Since I moved to my new apartment, I don't have anything fun and "fally" for decorations. Also, my hot pads for the oven are getting really beat up. All of these are already in place in my new kitchen and bathroom.


Fall decorations!Cutest little owl EVER, right? Again, I don't have much fall decor yet - so these were exactly what I needed! (Decorative owl, harvest rock, and 2 owl teacup candle holders.) These are now placed in my living room.



Fall accessories! (Purple sunglasses case, headbands, nail polish, and scarf.) I've been needing a case for the sunglasses I wear while driving - so this was wonderful! I also have been needing some new headbands and nail polish colors. These colors are SO PRETTY by the way. The purple/greyish tinted polish I'm wearing on my fingernails right now, and the pink/purple color are now decorating my toes. And I've been wearing a scarf almost every single day I can get away with it - so I was really excited


Stationary! (Sorry, for some reason my computer won't let me rotate this picture. So just turn your head sideways I guess. But there is a card, tissue paper, a planner, a notepad for my refrigerator, and coffee magnets.) The card was super cute and signed by Lisa. I'm IN LOVE with the magnets. But that's natural - it's cute little coffee pictures.


CANDY!!!!! What's Halloween season without candy? I mean, really. I dumped the M&Ms and Snickers into a small clear bowl and stuck the skull cookie in as well on top. It's like a beautiful edible Halloween centerpiece! That is... until I devour all of the chocolate.

So, all in all- I was spoiled rotten. For the next gift swap I do - I am stepping up my game BIG TIME. Which means you all need to hop on over to Meg's blog and find out when she has her next one. You might be getting some AWESOME PRESENTS from ME!

Or some other wonderful person. ;)


8 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing bunch of gifts! Christmas in October sounds like a good idea to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great gift! What a fun swap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg has such great ideas to create community on her blog, and this is my favorite. It's so fun!

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes! Your swap buddy did a great job spoiling you, girly! Thanks for participating!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It seriously felt like Christmas. And thanks so much for hosting every year!

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.