Friday, June 15, 2012

Artistic Inspiration

Emmy's Note: Today's guest post for this months topic Art that Touches My Soul is from one of my sponsors for June - Sarah! What's so cool is that Sarah is ACTUALLY an artist. She even has some of her work in a gallery right now - how awesome is that? So, naturally, this topic and month was perfect timing for her to sponsor and guest blog. I love and appreciate paintings and sculptures and the like. I loved going to The Met while I was in NYC. However - I really don't know much about it so I can never really share many thoughts. Sarah today will share with us some of her resources for art and even some Etsy shops where you can buy art and at the end is offering a great special so you can have art too! And don't forget to check out her blog, A Catlike Curiosity


Want to contribute to this month's theme? Email me at lovewokemeupthismorning@gmail.com.



Art that touches my soul.
Hey there people!! It's Sarah again, from A Cat-Like Curiosity. So glad to be back here on Love Woke Me Up This Morning and pleased to be able to bring to you a guest post which really means something to me. I literally couldn't believe my luck when Emmy said this month's topic was "Art that touches my soul." Art is really the main thing on my mind at the moment. I am a blogger, writer, artist and beginner crocheter and I spend a lot of my time creating new things for my Etsy store and looking at other sources of artistic inspiration. I'd like to share some of those sources here with you now - perhaps they will inspire you too.


I love the blog and the store of this lady. There is something simple, uplifting and poignant about her work that I absolutely love. Also, there are cats in it. Seriously - what's not to like?!


I love this round up of inspirational artwork and check it thousands of times per day. Often the art work chosen has been made with the most trivial and potentially mundane of things - ring marks from coffee cups or bits of wire. It also includes some absolutely amazing photography. You must check it out.

Hugh's work is by turns in your face, inspirational and downright silly. I love it. I have it emailed to me every day. He has a very real message to tell to people and it's a message I am more than happy to hear.

If you would kindly indulge me for a moment, I would like to tell you about a new gift I am offering via my Etsy store. It is a subscription service for artwork. Tell me more you say? OK then!!

How would you like to receive a fabulous art package each and every month, delivered to your door? A magical, mystical, bundle of surprises to hang on your wall or give away as gifts.

Well, now you can. I am offering a 3 or 6 month subscription to my Art with Love service. Here's the skinny:
  • Each month, you will receive a parcel from me
  • Each parcel will contain one original piece of artwork (signed by me) plus 3 pieces of digital art/photography for you to frame.
  • I will also include with your subscription (free of charge!) an emailed newsletter full of art and other inspirational imagery and quotes for you to keep.
Interested? Click here to find out more.

I do hope you've enjoyed my little round up of the kind of art that touches my soul. I am so very passionate about this art and my own that I can't help but tell you all about it - it's very special to me.

Thanks again to Emmy for allowing me to guest post here.

Don't forget to check out my blog and say hello - I'd really like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.