Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrapping Up The Year

I've seen this on a couple of other people's blogs and I thought I would join in. While I did a wrap up of blog posts for 2011- here is a summary of LIFE in 2011. Kind of. Can you ever really sum up life? I didn't think so. But here's to trying.


1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
It's more of something I'm GOING to do. Tomorrow I'm going to a fancy New Years Eve Party. Never been to one this nice before! I'm pretty stinkin' excited.

2) Did you keep your New Year Resolutions?
I honestly feel like I didn't have any New Year Resolutions. So if I did, I obviously did not keep it since I don't remember what it/they were.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! Two babies were born this year actually and it was really exciting. One of them I was able to be in the waiting room with their family and see her right after she was born! The other baby I FINALLY met over Christmas and she was so adorable!

4) Did anyone close to you die?
We miss you Nix. November 1985 - December 2011.

5)What countries did you visit?
Um.... I went to Orlando, FL which is a different world than Missouri. Does that count?

6) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More friends and a social life. I love my relaxing weekends - but you can only spend Friday nights watching Netflix for so long without it getting old.

7)What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a couple. The day after Valentines Day (for personal reasons not to be shared here) and that whole week  that was the end of November beginning of December. Pretty much anything bad that could have happened DID happen that week. Also the night we came home from BigStuf in July.

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I finally joined River City Players and had my first "lead" role in a play in a really long time. I'm so glad I did! RCP has helped keep me sane this year.

9) What was your biggest failure?
It's been a rough year at work. Not necessarily failures - but I know I can do a lot better than I have been.

10) Did you suffer illness of injury?
I'm always coughing - so YES. 

11)What was the best thing you bought?
MY CAR!


Although that Turkish Delight from TJ Maxx was pretty awesome. Ha ha.

12)Where did most of your money go?
My apartment. Yay for rent, electricity, and water. But that's what you get when you decide you want an apartment that isn't a piece of crap where I can be on a first level and have my dog with me. 

13) What did you get really, really, really exicted about?
Going to the final Love Drop and meeting some of my internet friends. So amazing!

14)What song will always remind you of 2011?
Beautiful Things - one of our favorites from BigStuf.


15)  Compared to this time last year, are you...?
happier or sadder- depends on the day
older or wiser- both
thinner or fatter- actually, I think I'm thinner! I have no idea how that happened, but I'm not complaining!
richer or poorer- about the same. Maybe a tad richer since I'm learning how to handle my finances A LOT better than last year.

16) What do you wish you'd done more of?
I haven't spent as much one on one time with the youth here at church, and I really miss that.

17) What do you wish you had done less of?
Wasting time. I'm a terrible procrastinator and I spend a lot of time doing things and thinking about things that aren't important. I need to LIVE LIFE.

18) How did you spend Christmas?
I played with Legos with my cousins. We had a blast. 



19) Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not particularly. Made new friends - which in a way is like falling in love. I think 2011 was more about learning when to say no, how to move on, and realizing what I really deserve.

20) What was your favorite TV program?
Glee! Duh. 

But special shout outs also go to: Bones and Mad Men which I discovered this year, and The Wonder Years which I've re-discovered this year.

21) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate - not so much. But there are a couple of people where my opinion about them has changed significantly. I think it's for the better though.

22) What was the best book you read?
Just one? Sad day. Well.... I'm not going to name just one. Sorry. Not really. I'm not sorry. That was a lie.

            

23) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lenka! Thanks to my friend Todd. He even sent me a signed poster from a concert of hers for my birthday. It was a pretty epic gift if I do say so myself.



24) What did you want and get?
Books. I got a lot of books. But that's nothing new I guess.

25) What did you want and not get?
I've really been wanting an iPad lately. Although it's probably a good thing that I never got one. 

26) What as your favorite film of the year?
Do you even have to ask?


Although I also enjoyed...



27) What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
I was at Camp SonRise with the 4th-6th grade kids at my church and their high school counselors. So much fun! I turned 26 and I had to sing for my birthday card that came in the mail.

28) What kept you sane?
Family, friends, this blog, Love Drop, and theatre.

29) Tell a life lesson you learned.
Just keep going. Find people to talk to that you can be 100% honest with and they will be 100% honest with you. Rest when you need it. Taking a day off to watch stupid stuff on Netflix on occasion is not a bad thing. Delegate. Delegate. Delegate.

30) What song lyric sums up your year?
I don't know if it really sums up my year - but this song has really inspired me in 2011. I love the Gaga. 

I'm gonna marry the night
I won't give up on my life
I'm a warrior queen, live passionately tonight

I'm gonna marry the dark
Gonna make love to the stars
I'm a soldier to my own emptiness, I'm a winner

Gonna marry the night.

And a special shout out goes to What I Did For Love from A Chorus Line.

How would you have answered these questions?

And don't forget: I'm still looking for a blog sponsor swap buddy for January, and the theme for guest posts in January is "Unusual Inspiration."

Can't wait to hear from you all!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Do you still need a sponsor swap?
    2. What exactly is a sponsor swap?
    3. I will email you a guest post for January by the end of the week! :) I still think that is a rocking idea. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kayleigh- I DO! Email me and I'll let you know the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orlando is definitely a world away from Missouri! LOL and i'm with ya on having a more active social life. I'm a total homebody that could stay home every night of the week, but I need to get out more- at least every once in a while!

    Happy New Year!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bailey - I need to get out more too! I used to be really social, but in the last couple of years I've become a hermit. I need to learn how to interact with humans again!

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.