Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Looking Back at 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012

Can you believe that it is almost 2012?

It's been a whole year since I really started focusing in on this blog. I had this blog ever since March of 2010. You can read my first post here. But in December of 2010 I decided to really dig in and blog for real. I joined 20sb and bloggers.com. I started to post more regularly. I joined Love Bomb, It Starts With Us, and Love Drop. Through all of this I've made some amazing online friends and some real life friends too. It has been one heck of a year for Love Woke Me Up This Morning. Here are some highlights...



Comparing Harry Potter Characters to People in the Bible.
I Imagined Packing Up and Moving to New York City
Sacrifice.
Bad Guys Win,
I Beat Myself Up
The Question
That Time I Tried To Make Turkish Delight
Laughing at Inappropriate Moments
Sookie Stackhouse Trumps Osama Bin Laden
Embraced Emotions
Prayer Doesn't Always Work
I am a Short Person Who Breaks Easily
Harry Potter 
Mad Men
Lion King
I had no hope
My Story
Crazy Irrational Fears
NaNoWriMo
Redeeming Novels
Why I'm Weird
Do You See What I See

Wow! What a year of blogging. What were some of your favorite posts? Are there any that I didn't mention here? What were some of the highlights of your year?

2012 is going to be awesome - and Love Woke Me Up This Morning is going to the next level. Be ready! I am so excited. Want to know why? Because it features YOU!

This blog is all about learning about love and how to live it out. The thing about love... is that it's not ALL ABOUT ME.

Let's face it - a blog wouldn't really exist long without it's readers. That's you! I want you all to be part of this love journey with me. I want to hear YOUR thoughts, YOUR opinions, and YOUR stories. I want to know what YOU are all about.

Every month will have a theme. I'll write a post with my opinion and stories on the theme - and then the rest is up to YOU. There will be other posts that I put up throughout the month that has nothing to do with the theme, but at least once a week I would adore to have a guest post that corresponds with the theme or topic. Or maybe you want to guest blog about something other than that months topic - that's cool too!

These are what I have so far for 2012. None of these are set in stone and I am open to any suggestions and ideas.

Source
January: Unlikely Inspiration
February: How I See Love
March: Beautiful Friends
April: April Fools
May: The Secret Place
June: Art that Touches My Soul
July: My Life Motto
August: Sharing the Love
September: All God's Creatures
October: Faith to See Beyond What I Can See
November: My Family
December: Light in Darkness

A few things to note if you choose to contribute:
  • People of all faiths, beliefs, and backgrounds read this blog- which I love! So thoughts such as: "Oh, I'm not a Christian, or the same denomination as Emily, or I'm not in my 20's, or I'm not a girl, or I don't live in the same country, etc... so I shouldn't post." - NOT TRUE. You all have thoughts, opinions, and stories- and I want to hear them.
  • Keeping the above in mind - still keep your posts appropriate for ALL audiences, and we all need to respect each other even if we don't agree.
  • Length? I do not have a word limit or anything for posts. Just be sure your entry is complete.
  • Style? Whatever works for you. Words, pictures, videos, poetry, music, the sky is the limit! Don't feel like you have to stick to a "traditional" blog style. 
  • I'm not looking for specific things for each topic. Each month I will explain what the topic is - but feel free to interpret it as you choose!
  • When writing your post, please include a short bio and links to how we can contact you. (Unless you wish to remain anonymous - which is 100% OK!) Don't have a blog? That's okay! I still want to hear your story.
  • Send all posts to my email: lovewokemeupthismorning [at] gmail [dot] com
I can't wait to hear your stories and your opinions! 2012 is going to be wonderful. All of this information will be put on a page tab at the top of my blog titled "Contribute" and will have updated information on themes of the month. If you have any questions please contact me.

Also- I am looking for a sponsor swap friend for January!

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo can't wait for 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good ideas!! I may be up for contributing. I love your blog so much. :) I have saved this page as my bookmarks and will keep it in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les- I'm excited too!!!!

    Kayleigh- I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to contribute! And thanks for being such a loyal reader. It's going to be so much fun to get to know everyone better and hear your stories and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still working on a guest post for you! Let's make 2012 an amazing year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an awesome idea. I will definitely contribute and write some guest posts for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kathy - that would be AWESOME! I'm so excited that people are interested in writing. 2012 is going to be pretty amazing, I can tell. Just send me a post for whichever month/topic you want to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.