Thursday, July 17, 2014

On my Mind Right Now

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and it doesn't seem like things are going to be slowing down anytime soon.

First - my sisters wedding.

Last week was my sister's wedding shower. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. What's crazier is that I'm realizing my sister's wedding is coming closer and closer. Shower #2 for our family in Indiana is in 16 days. The bachelorette party is in 6 weeks. Then the wedding itself is in just over two months. The bridesmaid dresses came in this week and we picked them up on Tuesday and mine is HUGE on top so I have to have it altered. We also need to get going on the centerpieces. I feel like there's so much to do still. The wedding will be beautiful and fun and awesome - but there's so much between now and then.

Second- work.

The preschool where I work is at a church and this week is their Vacation Bible School. Naturally, our kids join in. It's been a lot of fun and it's a great change of pace. However, with all of the new teachers, volunteers, and kids around, it's really throwing off the kids in the preschool. They're enjoying the week, but I can tell all of the craziness is taking it's toll on them. Also, the teacher has been out of town on a mission trip this week which just throws everyone off even more. It's been fine and a lot of fun, but I know I'll be glad when things go back to "normal" on Monday.

Third- waiting to hear from another job.

Last week, in the middle of all of the crazy for my sister's shower, I had a job interview for a position I really want. Like... I REALLY REALLY want it. It's still only part time and won't pay a whole lot. However, the hours would work with my current job and it's a foot in the door into a field I really think I would love and the extra income will be a big help. I think the interview went well, but he said he'll be deciding by the end of the month who he'll hire. Which means I probably won't heart until next week. I'm hoping for sooner because I just want to know! I can imagine myself at this job and I think it would be perfect for me. Waiting is just awful. I followed up with an email the next day and I mailed a thank you note this week. Hopefully I left an awesome impression.

Fourth- VEDA is coming up.

I'm super excited for Vlog Every Day in August this year. I've done it for the last two years and this year will be awesome as well. But among all of the other crazy in my life, my friend Kirsti and I decided to run it. Honestly, it's pretty simple. We already have the sign up form ready to launch in a few days, someone is working on getting the site up, and the brainstorming session is scheduled. Kirsti and I have been taking turns answering questions via the Twitter account and it seems like people are excited. I still can't help but worry we're missing something or I'll mess it all up somehow. This is such a fun month and I've made a ton of friends through VEDA. Hopefully it'll all go off without a hitch.

Fifth- thinking about my old youth group.

This week the youth I used to lead have been in Panama City for BigStuf. It's one of our all time favorite trips we would take. I was able to write prayer cards for a few of them and the leaders have been tagging me in all of their photos and videos on Facebook. I've loved seeing their adventures and what they've been up to. I'm so proud of them and what a great group it is, and it's a relief to know those teenagers are in good hands. But I also have been thinking back to the last time I went and everything I did for the last 5 1/2 years. I think about all of the times I failed or could have done better or disappointed people. I know I was good at my job - but I also know I wasn't perfect. I wish I could go into the past and fix some of those mistakes. I also kinda wish I was there on the beach with them. But I know it's all for the best.

Sixth- my Barnes and Noble gift card.

My sister and her fiance gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble for my birthday a few weeks ago and I still have no idea how I'm going to use it. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal - but I want to be sure it's the PERFECT THING! I know, I know, I need to get over it. #readerproblems.

Seventh- Auditions.

I'm finally in a place where I might be able to go out for a few shows in the community. Granted, if I get the job I want I might not be able to do any shows. Which is fine. However, while I'm waiting to hear back from the job I'm preparing for a few auditions. The first one is on Sunday and I still can't decide if I want to try for it or not. It's a straight play and there are only 3 roles, all for women. It's a very different sort of role I'm going for than I usually would do, but I think it would be a great stretch for me and I could be really good at it. Then there are two musicals I want to audition for coming up if I don't make the play or decide to not go for the play. But I can't help but wonder if going for a show is too much on my plate right now.

So yeah... I guess you could say I have a lot on my mind lately. I know some of you have way bigger things happening in your lives at the moments. Babies being born, family happenings, relationship issues, etc. But right now this is my life. I'm not complaining by any means. I'm crazy blessed and most of these items I'm outrageously excited about! But, this is just a peek into what's going on in my life and my brain lately.

How are all of you? What's going on in your life? I'd love to catch up!

Blog Everyday in July Topic: On My Mind Right Now


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.