Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ten on Tuesday- Books!

I'm so glad there are other bloggers in the world who love books!

The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top 10 Tuesday every week and this week, the topic is "Top 10 2014 Debuts."

I don't know if they mean debuts as in books that start a series or an author's first book, or if it just means books being released in 2014. I'm chosing the later.

I did cover this topic a bit in my 2013 Book Wrap-Up, but it doesn't hurt to talk about new books coming out this year, right? Right. So, here we go. (Note: all photos are from the Goodreads website.)

1) Dawn's Early Light by Pip Ballentine and Tee Morris

19579815

It is the third book in the Ministry of Peculiar Occurances series, and I can't be more excited! I finished the first book, Pheponix Rising, last night and I picked up the second book, The Janus Affair, today. I'm already eagerly awaiting the relesase of the third installment. It's fun, action-packed, quirky, steampunk, and I LOVE the characters. (Especially Wellington Books, aka "Welly.")

2) The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick


16125281

I have been waiting for this book for literally years! It's already been relseased in Europe (I think) but not here in America and I WANT IT NOW! It is Chadwick's first book in her triology about Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. Eleanor was a huge part of her books about William Marshal, so when I heard she was writing a whole trilogy dedicated to the queen, I was outrageously excited. GIVE IT TO ME.

3) City of Hevanly Fire by Cassandra Clare


8755785

This is the final installment of The Mortal Instruments series and I'm so excited! I'll admit, I'm growing tired of the Clary/Jace relationship, but I'm eager to find out what happens to all of the other characters and how the series is going to wrap up.

4) Cress by Marissa Meyer

13206828

This is the third book in Meyer's Lunar Chronicles which is a series based on classic fairy tales but with a futaristic twist. Both Cinder (Cinderella) and Scarlet (Red Riding Hood) were fantastic, so I'm sure Cress (Rapunzel) will be just as good if not better!


5) Ilsa and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins.

9627755

This is the third book in Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss trilogy. The first book (Anna and the French Kiss) made one of my top three books of the year, and the second, Lola and the Boy Next Door, had an honorable mention. It looks like we'll be going back to Paris (and making a visit to NYC according to the cover) to see what happens to some of Anna and Etieinne's friends from school, and I"m hoping we get to see some cameos from the two other books! If this one is anything like the other two, this book is going to be completely adorable, fun, and full of squealable moments.

6) Landline by Rainbow Rowell

18081809

Rowell also wrote Eleanor and Park and Fangirl. The later almost made my top three books of the year, and I really enjoyed the first one. I'm now at the point where if Rainbow Rowell writes it - I want to read it!

7) The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant by Joanna Wiebe

17675434

I'll admit - I hadn't heard of this one until today when I was searching for more book releases, and HOLY COW! This looks so good! Basically, it's a boarding school on an isand for the country's wealthiest families, and there are a ton of secrets and mystery. It looks fantastic.

8) Stolen Songbird by  Danielle L Jenson


17926775

This is another book which I had never heard of until today, but my friend, Kirstie, had this one on her list and when I read the description I knew I wanted to read it. It's the first in a series and seems like a unique fariy tale type of fantasy with some classic creatures.

9) The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (and others)

Unfortunately there isn't a picture avaialable. This is actually a set of short stories/novellas about the character Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments series. I beleive all of these stories have already been released, but this year they'll be compiled into one volume. I've been waiting for the complie to read them all because I felt it would be easier. Magnus Bane is one of my favorite characters from this series and I can't wait to read more about his adventures.

10) Basically... all of the books I'm hoping come out in 2014 but I'm not 100% sure if they are or not. I've heard rumors of new books by John Green and Issac Marion, as well as a sequel to The Host. If all of these are true- you know I'm getting my hands on them!

Feel free to link up with The Broke and Bookish for Ten on Tuesday, as well as Karly Kim and The Glossy Blonde for Totally Posted Tuesday!


Glossy Blonde

2 comments:

  1. I just got an eARC of The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant from NetGalley! I will be reviewing it on the next couple of days for my blog so I will let you know what I think :) I'm also looking forward to We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. So many good books coming out this year! I think I'm going to start doing these Broke & Bookish link-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so jealous! I can't wait to read your review!!!! :-D Can all of these books be out now please?

      Delete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.