Friday, April 19, 2013

Hi New Friends!

Happy Friday everyone!

I don't know about you, but I'm super excited that it's Friday. Last weekend I was on a retreat with a kazillion Jr. Highers, and coming back to work and sitting in the office was a drag. So the weekend is a welcome change of pace. A friend of mine might be visiting and I have an audition for a play tomorrow! (Speaking of... I need to track down my old copy of Romeo and Juliet so I can study...)

Anyways. Now for something completely different.

I'm sponsoring the blog The Life of Bon this month! (Commence happy dance and cheering.) I find it pretty exciting because she's one of those "cool" bloggers. You know, blog every day, has more than three digits in her follower count, and is generally awesome in every way. She's a high school English teacher - which is awesome because we can swap teenager stories and talk abotu books. She also hosts a book club every month. This month we're reading The Great Gatsby if you want to join us.

Anyways.



As one of her sponsors I had the opportunity to join in on a group giveaway. I'm giving away a $15 Starbucks gift card. (Do you expect anything less from me?) Although, if you win the giveaway, you'll get A TON of other prizes too. So it's a win-win thing. YOU can get cool prizes. While I on the other hand get more traffic on my blog. See? Win-win. So click the link below and get yourself some cool stuff!

http://www.thelifeofbon.com/2013/04/can-you-smell-weekend-yet.html

Anyways.

For the rest of you who are joining in from Bonnie's blog - hi! I was trying to decide what I should write about today, since I'll have some new people checking in today. So I thought I would just give you a quick "low-down" on me and my blog. Sound good to you? I hope so, cause that's what's happening.

For everyone else who has been following me for awhile, consider this a quick recap of "Previously on Love Woke Me Up This Morning." Or you can stop reading. I won't be offended, I promise.

Hi! I'm Emmy (or Emily... or Shorty... or Hobbit... whatever). I'm 26, grew up in the South suburbs of Chicago, and now live in Missouri working as a youth minister  (Thus the spending a weekend with Jr. High kids and swapping teenagers stories with Bonnie). I spend my days hanging out with kids like this - which can be pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure they teach me more than I teach them.



Another thing you should note about me, is that I'm short and breakable. You can read all about it here. This means I'm super short (like... hobbit short) and spent a majority of my childhood in and out of casts and hospitals.


I've lived in Missouri now for about five years, and if there's one thing I've learned about myself it's this:

The quiet country life is not for me. Oh no. I am a city girl through and through. Give me noisy and crowded Times Square over an empty country field with bugs any day. And yes, I've experienced both.


I'm a HUGE nerd/geek. I love reading, writing, I watch John and Hank Green YouTube videos on an almost daily basis, Harry Potter is my knight in shinning armor, I have an undending love affair with theatre and musicals, and I have a Tardis on my desk at work. (If you don't know what a Tardis is, go onto Netflix, find Doctor Who, push through the first few AWFUL episodes, and your life will never be the same I PROMISE.)


Since I live all by my lonesome here in Missouri, (you can read about that adventure here, here, and here.) I decided to get a dog. His name is Bandit and he's the best dog ever. If you don't agree, it's probably because you haven't met him. I haven't met anyone yet who has not loved my dog. How can you not love this face?


Let's see... what else do you need to know about me? I'm addicted to coffee, and since it's practically my only option here in the small town I live in, I basically live at Starbucks. The baristas know me by name and like to give me hugs and free stuff sometimes.


Okay...this post is long enough. However - I know you all are DYING to learn more I'm sure. If this is the case, you can check out my right side-bar and see "Popular Posts This Month" and/or check out my "Get Caught Up" page. There is also my list of tags and topics that I talk about a lot in case you want to explore.

THEN be sure to add me to your favorite reader (NOT Google Reader, cause you know... they're ditching us) and follow me on other social media sites to be sure you don't miss anything.

Feel free to send me a message/email/Tweet/comment or ANYTHING. I love to get to know my new followers and make friends. Can't wait to get to know you all better! :-D

Bloglovin/Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.