Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Two Ideas

There were two stories in my mind. When I sat down to think about them, neither worked. I couldn't see how to flesh them out and make them full out novels. So I put them on the back burner. I focused on other ones which I fell in love with.

Every once in awhile they would pop up in my mind but I never gave them much thought. There were other things to think about and worry about.

Then, one day, I saw they could go together. I have no idea how I came up with it because individually it would seem, they would never fit and the story would be all over the place. But somehow I really think it'll work.

I'm so excited about this story and it'll be my NaNoWriMo project for 2014. Which is awesome because until I figured this out I had no clue what I would be writing about in November. With October coming this week I can't wait to dive into my NaNoWriMo planning and plotting. One of my favorite parts of NaNoWriMo is being able to dedicate so much to just plotting, planning, character development, research and world build building.

But I'm also nervous about this project. It'll be one of the most personal stories I've written and I've only told one person my ideas. So, no, I'm not telling the rest of you either. At least not yet. (Yes, that includes you mom!) But, the author Neil Gaiman says if you don't feel like you're standing in the street naked you aren't doing it right. So... This is a good thing then according to that.


But when you have a story to tell, you have to let it out, the world needs your story. 

Linking up with Sarah Anne Hayes: http://sarahannehayes.com/blog/the-story-you-need-to-share/

6 comments:

  1. I do the same thing so often. Isn't it amazing how a story can come together in your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! This sounds intriguing! I'm excited to see what comes of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I really want to complete a NatNoMonth one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pumped for NaNoWriMo!! My project just came to me a couple weeks ago as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always forget about NatNoMo until it's November 15th lol.
    Thanks for reminding me/maybe I'll give it a try this year.
    -E @ amie-eo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but I am completing a challenge for it. I need to have it become fun again, and it's been too much of a chore the last few years. This challenge will be fun though, so whether I complete it or fail, I'll be done once it's done.

    One of my fellow speedy-gonzales writers from Toronto Nano has challenged myself and two others to complete NaNoWriMo in 24 hours... so, we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.