Thursday, May 15, 2014

How to Spend a Sick Day

There's nothing quite like waking up one morning with a crazy stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes. It's a guarantee for a good day!

Not.

At first I thought it was just allergies. Even on the news they were saying this week the air was dangerous for people with allergies. I'm not sure if I have them... but I decided it was a possibility.

But yesterday when I could barely keep my eyes open at work and I felt like death... I had a feeling something was up.

Thankfully, I was able to take the afternoon off and in the evening I figured out I had a fever. Definitely not allergies.

Which means I'm home sick today. I was able to sleep in which was a HUGE help. My eyes feel way better and I can actually keep my eyes open. Still not feeling 100%, but I'm on my way.

The thing is, I'm not good at being sick. As much as I love having time to just lay around and rest... when I'm "required" to do so I tend to have problems sitting still.

However, here are some things I've been doing to keep myself occupied while recovering.

1) Drink tea. It's not my favorite, but with a lot of honey in it I'm good to go.


2) Watch as many versions of Pride and Prejudice as possible. Since I want to nap, I find it useful to have something on in the background I know well and don't have to pay super close attention to. Also, the version with Kiera Knightly has really relaxing music. That was the version I watched yesterday. Today I'm working through The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.


3) Read. I didn't get to read a whole lot yesterday due to the "watery eyes I can't keep open" thing. But since that's not much of a problem today, I plan on getting a lot of reading done for Bout of Books. The Vanishing Act is super short (only slightly over 200 pages) so I'll probably get most of that done this afternoon.

4) Plan a Jamberry Nails Online Party- AND YOU ARE INVITED!

Yes, you read that right. One of my good friends from Missouri just started a Jamberry Nails business and I decided to help her out by hosting an online party.

What's Jamberry you ask?

Well... in the words of my friend:

They are vinyl adhesives that are heat activated (hair dryer, space heater, etc.) and pressure sealed. They are super easy to apply and once applied, last for 2wks on fingers, and up to 6wks on your toes! If you would like a free sample mailed to you, please PM me your address and choose one of the 10 samples in the photo below.
They can also be applied over top of gel, shellac, and acrylic nails - although, the most popular method is directly onto your natural nail. They are non toxic and so they won't harm your nails, when removed correctly. If you have any questions at all, please ask away! Your hostess, Emily, and I are here to make sure you enjoy yourself and, hopefully, make sure you leave with some glamorous nails of your own to show off!


Pretty awesome, right? I ordered four sheets not long ago and I CAN'T WAIT for them to come in.



Want to join in on the fun? Click on this link: http://mamakat06.jamberrynails.net/party/?uid=65c64bfd-b7ab-460e-a30c-abdeb249e0fc

Just be sure you order through Emily Hornburg's party.

We'll be going through May 25 and feel free to share the link with your friends!

3 comments:

  1. READ MY BOOK ON YOUR SICK TIME.
    ...I do hope you feel better, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I bought Pride and Prejudice to read this summer!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.