Friday, May 22, 2015

Motivation and Insecurities

I tend to talk about my insecurities and doubts about blogging and social media from time to time on this blog. While, I'm sure my thoughts on this may get tiresome, I do think it's good to have moments to sit back and really think about "why am I doing this?"

Yesterday, I was watching a video from Carrie Hope Fletcher about this topic, and I thought I'd made a video of some of my responses to what she had to say. Since I talk about writing and blogging, and not just YouTube, I felt it would be appropriate to post it here.

Carrie's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMusUuAL8xk



1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are wasting anyone's time. But you said YOU love it...and making yourself happy totally counts as being "worth it."

    I am struggling with my blog lately. I've always said the community aspect of blogging is what I love most- but that is really just not as common as it used to be. Everyone is blogging for a purpose- for money, for justice, for publicity, for practice so they can have a "real" job writing for a magazine or website...Tim from 20sb wrote a post today about personal blogging being a dying art and it's so true. I am struggling with how to write something that feels authentic to me, and also something that reaches others. I don't think of it in terms of needing to be popular, but I do want some connection...otherwise I might as well just keep a diary and lock it up, right?

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.