Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - The Music Edition

Usually, the last day of the month I post a playlist of the top ten songs I've been listening to this month.

However, since it's New Years Eve, and I posted earlier this week about the books I've read in 2012, here are the songs that have been playing almost non-stop all year.

(Tomorrow or sometime later this week I'll do a whole year wrap up post... hopefully...)





"Dress and Tie" sung by Charlene Kay and Darren Criss. I love this song because it's Darren outside of Glee. While you all know I LOVE Glee... it's nice to hear Darren singing other things and you can see his taste shine. Also, this song is adorable and I can't help but smile when I listen to it.


"Falling Slowly" from the musical Once. While I always liked the movie, Once, after the Tony awards I fell head over heels in love with the musical. 


"Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry. Seriously- I can't get enough of this music video. It's so much fun!


"Just a Game" by Birdy for the Hunger Games Soundtrack. I still think this album was one of the best I bought in 2012. I still love every single song. This one is one of my favorites.


"Between the Raindrops" by Lifehouse featuring Natasha Beddingfeild. Lifehouse is one of my all time favorite bands, and I was so excited that they came out with a new album this year. Although I haven't been able to download it yet! :(


"Speechless" by Lady Gaga. While I adore her album "Born This Way", when I re-listened to this song from her firs album, I couldn't stop.


"Some Nights" by Fun. I'm obsessed with this album. Just... UGH AMAZING.


"One Day More" Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert. Now that the movie is FINALLY out... I really can't get enough of the music from this show. It's simply amazing my friends. 


"Oh Holy Night" sung by Lea Michelle for Glee. Because it's Christmas... and honestly this is one of my favorite versions of this song. You all know I'm a huge Lea Michelle fan, and when she sings this song it gives me chills.


"King of New York" sung by the Newsies cast. Let's face it friends... 2012 was the year of New York City and Newsies for me. You would think that seven/eight months later I would be tired of this musical- but I'm not. I'm still working on my NYC trip scrapbook and whenever I see the cast is going to be on TV for something I completely switch to fangirl mode. Naturally... this song pretty much sums up 2012 this year.

What music can sum up your year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me your thoughts! They make me smile.